WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO SOME REALLY AMAZING CHILDREN, IN A PROFESSIONAL, FRIENDLY TEAM.
FULL TRAINING PROGRAMME OFFERED
Teaching Assistants – 30 hours per week. Start date Jan 2022, but can be negotiated with successful candidates.
Ash Field is a specialist Academy for children from 4-19 whose main presenting need is physical but usually associated with additional needs. As our school numbers grown and our pupils’ needs are constantly changing, we need more fabulous people to support them! The school has an excellent national reputation following eight outstanding Ofsted reports and so it is a great place to learn and develop your skills and understanding. A positive attitude, enthusiasm and lots of energy is key to this role! This role is physically demanding although extremely rewarding. Our pupils amaze us every day with their resilience, exemplary behaviour and positive attitudes.
To support learning and personal care needs to a group of children with physical disabilities
30 hours per week/39 weeks per year (Mon.-Fri.)
Permanent position subject to satisfactory completion of a 12 month probationary period.
Actual starting salary: £14,097 or £14,374 – dependent on level of qualifications/experience *as per job specification (For reference, the hourly rate is slightly higher than LCC Grade 5 point 12 & 13)
Appointment will be subject to Ash Field Academy Trust pay and conditions
Please ensure that you evidence in your application how you meet all of the essential criteria before submitting an application as candidates who do not meet all of the essential criteria will not be considered at this time
Please note that all applications must be made by completing the Ash Field application form, clearly stating which post you are applying for. CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form. Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted.
Closing date: This is an ongoing recruitment advert for full time Teaching Assistants at Ash Field Academy.
Applications will be shortlisted upon submission and you will be invited for an interview if successful. We aim to contact you within 5 working days.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive suitable applications. If you are interested in working with us, please apply without delay.
Please note that for those candidates who are appointable yet unsuccessful, we may hold your information for similar positions that have the same criteria according to the person specification. These positions may be permanent or temporary. You will be asked to confirm if you are willing to be a ‘hold’ candidate; this will not affect your application for the position applied for.
Please be advised that the Supporting Statement is an instrumental part of our shortlisting process. Please give as much detail as possible, including:
- How you feel you meet the criteria of the Person Specification
- What attracted you to apply to Ash Field Academy
- Why you think you are the most suitable candidate for the job.
Please also make note of the following:
- When completing the application form please ensure that all gaps in employment from when you leave school are explained. Please also ensure you fully complete the Education and Qualifications section, including grades.
- Referees should be provided from your employment wherever possible. If you are currently working in education, please note that your first referee must be the Headteacher/Principal of the school(s) that you are currently employed with.
- Schools will use the email function within Eteach to notify you if your application has been successful - this occasionally means emails will go into your junk/spam email folders, so please do keep an eye on both your inbox and junk/spam following your application.
Ash Field Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.