Crowdys Hill is seeking inspiring, dedicated employees to work across all areas of its 4-19 provision in the role of teaching assistant.
Crowdys Hill is a dynamic and forward-thinking special school for pupils with moderate learning difficulties and complex needs from across the Borough of Swindon.
We are seeking to employ a Teaching Assistant who will be willing to work in either the Primary school; or the Secondary and Sixth Form phases.
8.45- 3.30 term time only
Flexible hours and days are available, please discuss prior to applying.
We can offer a range of starting points for teaching assistants. If you have no experience and haven’t achieved grade 5 Maths and English (equivalent to GCE grade C), but you have a positive, adaptable personality to work with our wonderful children and young people, then we can offer you training and a flexible range of working hours. This would be starting on NJC pay scale J grade, with the option to increase to a K grade on attaining required results.
You would also be required to work as a mid-day supervisor paid at NJC Pay Scale J.
Your daily duties include:
• Greeting pupils from their buses and bringing them into school
• Settling the class into their tutor group
• Supporting teachers in ensuring all pupils can access their curriculum
• Personal care of pupils as needed
• Movement and handling support of pupils as needed
• Medical care for pupils as needed
• Supervising pupils at break and lunchtimes
• Working closely with teachers to ensure all pupils are supported in school
• Escort pupils onto their buses to go home
If this sounds like the job for you, then we can offer:
• Friendly and supportive colleagues
• Supportive school, committed to achieving exceptionally high standards.
• An interesting, diverse and exciting career.
• Small class sizes to allow you to give more time and individual attention to pupils.
• A strong ethos and a commitment to collaborative working.
• A commitment to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children and young people
• A sense of achievement at the end of a day
• Ongoing training in all areas of the role
• Variety to work across all ages of pupils
• Opportunities to continue with training in relevant areas of interest
• Opportunities to take on extra responsibilities and roles
• You will be a Swindon Borough Council employee, under their pension scheme.
• You will have access to other SBC employees discount schemes
We welcome applications from people who have had a diverse employment history. Previous experience is not necessary as training will be given throughout. A calm and reliable attitude with common sense is required.
In accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, jobholders should take reasonable care to ensure that personal data is not disclosed outside Council procedures, or use personal data held on others for their own purposes. In accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, ensure requests for non-personal information are dealt with in accordance with the Council’s written procedures.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Crowdys Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
Applicants must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the immigration act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).
Visits to the school are highly recommended and encouraged.
Previous applicants need not apply