P/T role considered for the right candidate on a pro-rata basis.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced teacher to leave the classroom and focus on mentoring and supporting teachers in a unique, progressive learning environment.
Who we are:
SupaJam is an award-winning, Ofsted rated Good Post 16 Specialist Provider. Working with vulnerable and disadvantaged 16-25-year-olds, SupaJam uses the power of contemporary music to reignite the desire to learn and achieve in these students.
SupaJam has two bases, one in Swanley and one in Canterbury. Currently, we support over 100 students across both bases, the majority of whom have EHC plans and a variety of SEN needs or who have previously disengaged from mainstream education. Our students are united by their passion for music, and with our support, engage in RSL Music Practitioners Diplomas at levels 1 - 3, as well as English and Maths and additional programmes.
SupaJam has expanded exponentially over the last 2 years and we are now looking for a Teaching, Learning and Assessment Manager. The correct candidate will bring passion and enthusiasm for teaching, supporting both qualified and unqualified young teachers to become outstanding teaching and classroom support staff.
● Creating a culture across our provisions that drives quality and continuous improvement.
● Promoting the unique ethos of SupaJam to support extremely challenging students.
● To support, guide and challenge the qualified teachers at SupaJam, to achieve consistent high-quality teaching across our bases.
● To team build, mentor and support new, unqualified teachers (Level 3/4) across lesson planning and delivery, marking, administration and the effective use of classroom support staff.
● To schedule, mentor and challenge classroom support staff so they deliver effective classroom support to teachers and students.
● To identify and source career development opportunities and additional SEN training for all our teaching and teaching support staff. Also, provide or signpost mentoring, where appropriate, to tutors as well as further CPD opportunities.
● To line manage all teaching staff, completing tutor appraisals with regard to the Teaching Standards and with a focus on support and development.
● Oversee learning strategy for all our vulnerable and SEN students and ensure the needs of the students are being accurately catered for in all learning environments.
● To complete regular formal lesson observations as well as learning walks to ensure consistency of teaching.
● To work with the other managers across all aspects of SupaJam to ensure the students receive a high-quality programme which meets their needs.
● To provide in-class support to tutors, LSPs and students where appropriate.
● Schedule and chair RSL (our current music programme provider) tutor meetings.
● To be the voice of and point of contact for the tutors during discussions with management.
● Support with the accurate and timely collection of relevant teaching, learning and assessment data.
● Act as the main point of contact for RSL, including ensuring grades are uploaded to the portal correctly and samples are prepared and ready for external quality assurance.
● Provide relevant information to the internal verifiers of SupaJam to ensure sampling plans can be created and support tutors with the completion of providing IV samples.
● Report to the senior leadership team and provide any additional information as required.
● Experience, or a demonstrable desire, to lead and enthuse a team of teachers and classroom support staff.
● Experience of working with young people who have various social, emotional and educational needs.
● Experience of, or a demonstrable desire, to be part of management in an ambitious and progressive educational company.
● Someone who has a desire to share their experience in all aspects of teaching including planning, delivery, marking and administration.
● Someone who is solution-focused, understanding the limitations of resources but still able to find creative ways to meet the high expectations of the Department of Education and Local Authorities.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
● Has QTS
● Strong knowledge of OFSTED teaching, learning and assessment criteria.
● SEN Qualification or demonstrable experience of working with SEN, in particular ASD.
● Management qualification (desirable)
● Knowledge of data collection and quality assurance
● Sound knowledge of RSL and UAL curriculums (desirable).
● Knowledge on how to lead and inspire.
● Knowledge of a variety of learning and development skills applicable to young people with complex learning difficulties.
● For the right candidate, a developmental pathway to becoming a part of the senior leadership team.
● Opportunities to attend music festivals like Glastonbury and Black Deer.
● Access to the staff pension scheme.
● Working with a senior leadership team that is passionate about training and CPD opportunities for its staff.
SupaJam Education in Music and Media is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.