We hope that this is the job you have been waiting for - an incredible opportunity to work within our newly designated Teaching School Hub.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with the Teaching School Hub team at South Farnham School. You will administratively support the smooth running of Teaching School Hub.
This role would include:
- Assisting the Teaching School Hub Coordinator with the sharing of information across the Hub’s designated region (Guildford, Rushmoor, Waverley, Hart, East Hampshire, Basingstoke and Deane)
- A high level of organisational and personal skills
- Acting as the first point of contact for Teaching School Hub business handling telephone and written enquiries from potential applicants, training participants, headteachers, external agencies and other stakeholders in a welcoming, efficient and professional manner
- Recording and maintaining accurate records of the work of the Teaching School Hub
- Word processing correspondence (including emails/newsletters/marketing)
- Uploading information onto the Teaching School Hub and SCITT websites
- Coordinating the Teaching School Hub diary and maintaining an accurate contact database (in line with GDPR)
- Producing information for course participants, invoicing and evaluations
- Producing packs of resources for courses
- Providing a variety of administrative support
- Maintaining an online CPD calendar and booking system
South Farnham School is an outstanding primary school in Surrey with experience as a National Teaching School and a pioneering cohort one Teaching School from 2011. It sits within South Farnham Educational Trust and is consistently one of the highest performing schools in the country. You would join a dynamic team who are primed and ready to introduce some of the most exciting and biggest changes to teacher training and career development in a generation.
Surrey South Farnham SCITT is the largest and leading provider of Primary Initial Teacher Training (ITT) in the area. Our OFSTED outstanding provision has also been rated as No.3 in the UK for our School Direct programmes and No.1 in the UK for our employment rates (Good Teacher Training Guide, 2015 and 2017). We train over 140 teachers in schools across Surrey, Hampshire, Sussex and the London Boroughs each year and contribute to ITT at a national level. The Director of ITT is assisted by a team of cohort leads and an administrator.
Our Appropriate Body currently supports and assesses over 110 Newly Qualified Teachers each year and our RSHE Hub has trained over 650 schools since June 2020.
What will our Teaching School Hub be responsible for?
The South Farnham School Teaching School Hub will play a central role in the training and development of teachers working in all phases/types of school across West Surrey and East Hampshire (Guildford, Rushmoor, Waverley, Hart, East Hampshire, Basingstoke and Deane). Our hub will:
- Work with partners to deliver the Early Career Framework to early career teachers and their mentors
- Provide an outstanding Appropriate Body for all early career teachers in the region
- Deliver the reformed suite of National Professional Qualifications (including the new Teacher Development NPQ) and additional support for new Headteachers
- Support Initial Teacher Training in the region, building upon our Outstanding ITT provision and ambitious national reforms
- Promote and deliver high-quality evidence-based CPD to develop quality teaching and support teachers to progress through whichever career pathway they choose
- Link with the Research School Network and EEF to ensure research evidence underpins all CPD activity
- Align with regional Curriculum Hubs to signpost quality provision, support and CPD.
27.5hrs a week: 9.00am - 3.00pm (39 weeks a year)
South Farnham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment and the successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Please note that we may chose to interview strong candidates on receipt of their forms so early application is advised.
South Farnham Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.