Funding has been secured through the Welsh Government (Tech Valley) to deliver a pilot project which is centred on a co-ordinated and targeted programme of “industry in schools STEM facilitation” within Blaenau Gwent based schools, raising aspiration and preparing pupils for their journey into the world of work; and complementary to the school curriculum.
Through a strong partnership approach, the project will seek to raise awareness of opportunities amongst children, young people and the wider community; to positively engage them and ultimately increase aspiration and attainment, primarily aligned to STEM.
To oversee this new project, we have an exciting Team Leader opportunity within our Regeneration team for the right individual who can demonstrate creativity and innovation, communication skills, and passion and drive to deliver change through a coordinated, partnership approach.
The successful candidate will have significant experience of delivering similar initiatives, working in comparable settings and with a passionate interest in this area of work.
Principal Accountabilities include:
1. Co-ordinate the development and manage the implementation of business cases/plans associated with relevant Regeneration projects (e.g. skills, employment, growth), ensuring all potential options are thoroughly evaluated, monitor the associated budgets and oversee the day to day operational activity.
2. Oversee the delivery of an effective range of financial/non-financial support services and projects to customers (e.g. schools, pupils, parents and business) in Blaenau Gwent, to include externally funded schemes; monitoring of associated budgets and performance measures.
3. Lead the development and implementation of a range of activity aimed at stimulating and developing Regeneration (e.g. attainment, skills, employment and growth) within Blaenau Gwent; contributing to the work of and representing the Council on relevant project boards/task and finish groups as required.
4. Lead the development and co-ordination of support for local customers to access identified regeneration opportunities, working with relevant stakeholders to avoid duplication, develop new and innovative approaches; and optimise impact of service delivery.
5. Contribute to the development and implementation of key Regeneration Programmes including Tech Valley, specifically on projects to address supply and demand issues relating to employment and skills.
6. Manage the development of local support networks, encouraging co-operation, collaboration, innovation and economic growth, monitoring impact and making recommendations on potential opportunities and future delivery.
7. Provide management and direction to staff members within the relevant team.
The position carries an Approved Casual Car User Allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The post holder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: 03.12.20
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Blaenau Gwent LA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.