Permanent and Maternity positions available
Up to £18,656 (dependent upon qualifications)
The post holder will work under the direction of the Animal Management Centre (AMC) Head in undertaking the management and husbandry of the kennels and cattery. In addition to supporting the colleges’ education goals in this outstanding area of the curriculum, the department also participates in a number of commercial activities such as grooming and boarding. Working with teaching staff the post holder will provide practical support, and supervision to students in practical subjects both on an individual and group basis, ensuring provision is learner focused, to achieve exemplary standards in animal welfare, teaching and customer service.
Candidates should be educated to at least level 2 in a relevant vocational subject and be able to demonstrate a professional track record of work within the animal management industry, preferably in an accredited kennels or cattery. A flexible approach to a varied workload with a real enthusiasm for the animals you will be working with would be an advantage. The post holder will be required to work weekends on a rotational basis.
We are looking for the successful applicant to commence as soon as possible, subject to employment checks.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing Date: 02 August 2021
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 22 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.