Technician - Construction - Multiskills - City of Newport Campus
The School of Creative and Technical Studies at the City of Newport Campus is seeking to appoint a confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated Technician (Multiskills).
Working as part of a team you will be
• Identifying faults and then to test and repair workshop tools furniture, fixtures and fittings.
• Observing, reporting and rectifying substandard conditions of building finishes and fixtures and fittings within workshop areas.
• Assisting other technicians that are in place for each area.
• Identifying issues and raising these with possible recommendations.
• Supporting team reviews of planned maintenance activities and identifying opportunities to improve cost effectiveness.
• Supporting and improving the Construction department to strive for a leading area within its sector.
• Reporting to the Head of School with updates and recommendations.
You will be qualified to a minimum of Level 2, in a construction related qualification and experience in the construction industry will be required.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh and will not be treated less favourably than applications submitted in English.
The College is committed to safeguarding, ensuring the safety and welfare of children and young people. Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and registration with the Education Workforce Council.
Please note that successful candidates will be expected to pay for the Enhanced Disclosure and registration with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
We particularly welcome applications from candidates who speak languages other than English and also from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion, in line with our Equality Opportunities policy. All campuses are accessible and facilities such as prayer rooms are available.
We are committed to the recruitment and retention of disabled people, and are a Disability Confident Employer.
CLOSING DATE: 19/12/19
INTERVIEW DATE: To be confirmed
Coleg Gwent is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.