Do you want to help transform lives in a brand new, custom made education environment? Have you ever considered the unique challenge of Prison Education? Working in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge with the benefits of mainstream education.
Weston College Group has recently secured a long-term education contract at HMP Five Wells located in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. Construction is due to be completed January 2022 and we are now seeking to recruit a small number of outstanding and highly motivated Technicians. The expected start date for this role is Spring 2022.
The successful applicants will be providing technical and classroom support to staff and students at HMP Five Wells as part of a small team of technicians.
Areas of learning that these roles will support will include, but not be limited to:
- Classroom based: English, Maths, ICT, Business and Personal and Social Skills.
- Vocational: Construction, Engineering, Motor Mechanics, Carpentry and Upcycling.
- As the Technicians will be provided support to the staff and students of HMP Five Wells, experience in one or more of these subjects would be highly beneficial.
As a Weston College Group employee, you will have access to an extensive range of benefits, including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Structured career progression and training & development opportunities.
- A dedicated staff wellbeing programme, including 24/7 access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, offering free confidential advice and support for a wide range of issues, Mental Health First Aid training and awareness, and a calendar of wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
- College-wide Staff Mentoring Programme.
- Free on-site parking.
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme (LPGS) / Teachers Pension Scheme (TPS) with generous employer contributions.
- Over 200 perks, discounts, and freebies available via our Perkz platform.
Weston College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and obtain the appropriate prison clearance before starting the role.
G4S - Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.