We are looking for a Construction Workshop Technician (multi-area) to join our construction team. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a salary of £18,318 - £20,413 per annum plus other staff benefits. You’ll be based at our Cambridge Campus and have the chance to assist at the Huntingdon Campus so will need to be able to travel.
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country. CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
To continue on our successful journey, we need high achieving and motivated individuals to join our team. We offer excellent benefits and access to development.
Just some of the rewards you can benefit from as our Construction Workshop Technician include:
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
- Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Staff Development opportunities
About our Construction Workshop Technician (multi area) role:
We are seeking a self-motivated and confident individual to support activities within our busy Construction Workshops as a Technician. You’ll be predominately based at our Cambridge Campus but there will be the expectation that you can travel to our Huntingdon Campus to undertake work there. Working alongside teaching colleagues you will be key to the smooth running of practical classes.
Our Construction Workshop Technician will have various responsibilities, including:
- Prepare materials for use in the workshops, to meet the needs of both the teaching staff and students in practical lessons
- Maintain and operate hand and power tools as required
- Support learners by assisting/overseeing them in their use of materials and/or equipment
- Maintain the workshops, classrooms and associated equipment/areas to ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Prepare and set up equipment and materials for practical sessions and demonstrations
What we are looking for in our ideal Construction Workshop Technician:
- Educated to level 2 or equivalent, ideally construction area
- Experience of working within construction, and ideally a similar technician role within education
- The ability to carry out a variety of tasks to ensure the efficient funning of the construction workshops
- The ability to carry out basic repairs to tools, plant and equipment
- Flexible and adaptable, and able to work on own initiative
- Able and happy to undertake manual handling as part of this role
- Awareness of health and safety issues relating construction / engineering operations
- Ability to use PC related applications such as email, word processing and basic spread sheets
- A friendly, effective team player
- Maintain a professional personal appearance and an effective communicator
You will need to be able to demonstrate practical skills across construction multi skills trades, and have knowledge of the associated tools, equipment, materials used and Health and Safety requirements.
Please see job description for more information.
We are looking for individuals who are motivated to provide our learners with the very best experiences and have the practical skills across construction multi skills trades to help with the smooth running of practical classes.
If you would like to be part of our valued team please make an application online today to join the team as our new Construction Workshops Technician – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date currently: 9th March 2021
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found