Curriculum Technician in Trowel Trades
Full time with evening hours required
Term Time Only – 37 weeks
Salary £17,089 – £17,675 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications
Salary pro rata from £20,590 - £21,296
Based at the St Albans Campus
The successful candidate would be supporting students working at Level 1 and 2 in the Brick and Multi-trades workshop. You will help support lecturers in the delivery of practical workshop sessions and contribute to Health and Safety practises within the classroom. In addition, you will prepare workspaces and equipment for lecturer/student use and maintain the workshop/equipment, including maintaining stock and identifying suppliers.
You should have a strong commitment to high standards of classroom practice and experience, candidates should have previous experience in the industry and ideally hold a construction related qualification. A forklift driving qualification and some very basic IT experience is desirable but not essential although if you have 2 years work experience your application will be considered.
Closing Date: Sunday 31st October – Early applications are advised
Interview Date: To be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• The chance to train towards a teaching qualification / assessor qualification, paid by the College
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently underrepresented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please ensure you complete the full application and complete all sections; CV’s will not be accepted.