We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual who has the ability to work across two teams in a flexible approach in the remit of Design Technology and Science. A job share in each area may also be considered.
Under the overall direction of the Head of Department(s) following an annual timetable and in accordance with the practices and procedures of the school, assist teaching staff in providing a safe and efficient technical service for students and teaching staff.
The technician role forms a central part of the work of the departments and he/she will work closely with teaching staff to support and further extend the work of the department and the experiences of the students.
We are looking for an individual who has:
• Experience of working within a technical setting
• Experience of using various machinery and tools
• Knowledge of Health and Safety
• Laboratory or workshop provision
• Commitment to CPD in relevant areas relating to the post
• Knowledge and training in a vocational trade.
• Knowledge/training in relevant Health and Safety
• Knowledge of issues affecting the lives of young people.
• Enjoy being in an environment in children and have empathy and understanding of their needs
• Desire to undertake relevant training, to learn new skills and update existing knowledge, skills and understanding
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to relate well to students and adults.
• Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
Interviews for the post will be undertaken during the summer holidays and are yet to be confirmed. Should you wish to be considered for this post, please state any dated in which you may be unavailable for interview.
Ferndale Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.