ST CUTHBERT’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
“United in Faith, we Live, Love and Learn”
ST CUTHBERT’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
Headteacher: Mrs Bernadette Brooks
TEMPORARY CLASS TEACHER
POST REF: ED50052522
MPS / UPS, Full time
Required for 9th December 2019 – 31st August 2020
Temporary due to budgets and funding
The Governors are seeking to appoint a happy, motivated, enthusiastic and inspiring primary teacher. We welcome applications from experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers.
St Cuthbert’s is a vibrant Catholic school based in the heart of Cardiff Bay. Our children live locally but many come from all over the world with over twenty languages spoken in the school. We are a happy school committed to ensuring all children can succeed and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational, dedicated and highly effective Primary Phase classroom teacher.
• Be able to demonstrate commitment to and experience of the ethos, Foundation Phase, NLF, DCF and have knowledge of the Wales Curriculum 2022.
• Have high expectations of children’s behaviour and achievements.
• Have high expectations of attainment and behavior
• Committed to the well-being and nurture of pupils
• Able to work as part of a close team to achieve the very best for our pupils
• Be prepared to contribute to the wider life of our school
• Be strongly committed to their own continued learning and professional development
• Be able to lead a subject area successfully
We can offer:
• A welcoming and caring Catholic ethos.
- Opportunities to grow and develop as a teacher
• Children who are excited to learn, well behaved and polite.
• Supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues.
• A well resourced learning environment in a modern build
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) or e-mail Cardiff Works for an application pack quoting reference: ED50052522 and the job title.
Applications must be made on the Catholic Education Service application form and should be completed in full and returned either by hand or post to:- FAO Mrs Bernadette Brooks, The Headteacher, St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School, Letton Road, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, CF10 4AB. by 12.00 pm, midday, Friday 29th November 2019.
The successful candidate will be expected to uphold the Catholic Ethos of the school and be committed to a climate of equality of opportunities and inclusion for all.
Closing date: 12.00 pm, midday, Friday 29th November 2019
Interviews and Lesson
Observations: Week commencing 2nd December 2019
Start date: Week commencing 9th December 2019
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.