BLAENGWAWR PRIMARY SCHOOL
Gwawr Street, Aberaman, Aberdare, CF44 6YP
TEMPORARY CLASS TEACHER – YEAR 1
For one year starting in September 2022 (to cover a secondment)
Salary: Teachers Salary Scale
Required from 5th September 2022
Blaengwawr Primary School is situated in the community of Aberaman in Aberdare. We currently have 224 pupils on roll aged between 3 and 11. The school has strong links with the community and a supportive, pro-active governing body.
Our motto is that ‘Every day is a good day to learn something new’
The Governing Body of this caring, inclusive school is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, well-organised and enthusiastic practitioner to join our staff team and to teach our Year 1 class.
The successful candidate will:-
• Demonstrate excellent classroom practice and a commitment to high standards and expectations
• Create an engaging learning environment
• Be able to work as part of a successful team and manage other adults within the classroom
• Be committed to raising standards
• Have high expectations of themselves and of children
• Be an excellent communicator
• Have experience of working with pupils with Additional Learning Needs
NQTs welcome to apply.
We can offer you:-
• An inclusive and welcoming school community
• Children who are enthusiastic about their learning
• A strong commitment to your ongoing professional development
• The opportunity to access high quality coaching and mentoring
• The opportunity to work collaboratively with team members
• The opportunity to develop creative and innovative teaching skills
Closing Dates for applications is Wednesday 8th June 2022 at 12 noon and shortlisting will be on Friday 10th June 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to teach a demonstration lesson prior to the interview and will be invited to visit the school on Friday 24th June.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 28th June 2022.
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Blaengwawr Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.