Temporary Key Stage 2 Teacher - Full time, fixed term contract for 12 months (this post is also suitable for NQTs)
Due to maternity leave, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated teacher to work with us to make a significant contribution to the future achievement and continued successes of Heathfield. The successful candidate will need relevant experience of teaching and learning in Key Stage Two and the drive and commitment to support the improving outcomes for all pupils, working in partnership with the Key Stage 2 Teams.
At Heathfield you will find a dedicated staff team who work very closely together to ensure pupils are well looked after, in a safe environment with a vibrant ethos that is highly conducive to learning.
Our new Teacher will need:
- A love of teaching
- To demonstrate vision and creativity in planning an engaging and innovative curriculum for all children
- To be passionate about making a positive difference to children
- To be an excellent classroom practitioner
- To be proficient in assessment for learning
- To be a strong team player, maximising the potential for challenges in learning
- To be a positive role model for children, parents and colleagues at all times with energy and enthusiasm
In return the successful candidate will:
- Work with and alongside enthusiastic, friendly and engaging children with very positive attitudes to learning
- Be joining a highly committed, talented and open-minded staff team
- Work with a supportive and experienced Governing Body
- Have access to high quality professional development
- Contribute to the development of Key Stage Two at Heathfield
- Be supported by skilled teachers and mentors to complete the first year of the Early Career Framework (NQTs only)
Despite the pandemic, visits to the school are welcome but these will be outside of the school day. A tour of the school is available on the following dates:
- Friday 11th June, 4:00pm at the Kersall Drive Campus, NG6 9EU
- Thursday 17th June, 4:00pm at the Scotland Road Campus, NG5 1JU
Heathfield Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects staff and volunteers to adhere to this commitment. A current valid DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Certificate is essential as well as completion of the Staff Suitability Declaration for this post.
To apply for this position please complete the application form with a supporting letter of application not exceeding 2 sides of A4, font size 11 demonstrating how you meet the ethos at Heathfield Primary and Nursery School, your philosophy of education and the expectations outlined in the Job Description.
Closing date: Monday 21st June 2021 at 12 noon
Safeguarding statement: Heathfield Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to adhere to this commitment. A current valid DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate is essential for this post.