Hazel Community Primary School would like to recruit talented and dedicated Teaching Assistants to join our team. Hazel Community Primary School is located right in the city centre in a beautiful grade 2 listed building. We are a two form entry school with pupils from many backgrounds; in particular, we have a high number of EAL pupils with 47 different languages currently spoken in our school!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Hazel Community Primary School. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual who wants to have a positive impact on children’s learning and wellbeing.
The role is Term term, Full time, working from 8.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday.
• Working with class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
• Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
• Accompanying groups on trips.
• Supporting assessment and evidencing learning.
• Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources.
• Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners.
• Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability.
• Supporting the school ethos and vision.
What we offer:
• Term-time hours.
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment.
• Opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
• Access to a free employee assistance programme.
The right candidate will have:
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
• Previous experience of working with children in a school setting.
• A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
• A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
• A can-do attitude and the ability to adapt to the needs of our pupils.
If you require any further information about the post, please contact us via the school office.
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.