Moon Hall School, Reigate are seeking to appoint a temporary qualified Maths Teacher to cover short term absence.
Situated between Reigate and Dorking, Moon Hall School is in a beautiful country setting, has small classes and a happy, friendly and supportive environment. Moon Hall School Reigate is a successful independent school for Years 3-11 and is a leading specialist, having a national reputation in teaching dyslexic students within a mainstream school environment.
Our latest cohort of GCSE candidates achieved 86% pass rate in English, 71% pass rate overall and 100% pass rate in many subjects. Our best results ever! Candidates need to demonstrate a passion for their subject, inspiring an interest and enthusiasm for Mathematics in our students across Key Stages 3 and 4 despite their dyslexia and, in some cases, dyscalculia and short term memory problems.
To apply please download the documents listed below:
- Please complete the application form.
- A separate supporting statement should be included stating your motivation for applying and the detail of how you meet the criteria set out in the Person Specification.
- You should also send a copy of your own curriculum vitae. Prospective applicants are welcome to phone our Head's PA further information.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Onsite parking.
- Lunch is provided with freshly prepared food each day by our new catering company, Holroyd Howe..
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- A 2:1 or above in maths.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- The ability to teach Maths to Key Stage 4.
- Experience with dyslexia and dyscalculia.
- A passion for Maths and a commitment to integrating it across the curriculum.
- A high expectation for teaching and learning for learners of all abilities.
- Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with the team.
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS Check (List 99 and Declaration of Fitness to Work). As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS Check (List 99, Declaration of Fitness to Work, Declaration of Association).
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applications from all sections of the community.