PENTREBANE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Headteacher: Mrs S Duggan
TEMPORARY PART TIME TEACHER
POST REF: ED50052182
(2 days 40%)– Thursday and Friday)
Required from 1st September 2021, or ASAP - 31st December 2021
The contract lasts for 1 term and is temporary due to current budget constraints
The governors of this friendly and successful school are seeking a suitably qualified, dedicated and motivated teacher to start Autumn Term 2021. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, committed to maintaining standards, be able to direct and work effectively with a team of hard working and experienced teachers and teaching assistants and have strong behaviour management skills.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an excellent practitioner who consistently nurtures, inspires and motivates pupils who encounter challenges in their learning;
• Has an excellent working understanding and experience of the LNF, DCF and how to implement it in the classroom and is familiar with the requirements of the new curriculum for Wales;
• A commitment to developing innovative and reflective approaches to teaching and learning including ICT skills and an ability to use technology to enhance learning;
• Has the ability to create a stimulating learning environment to engage learners who are at risk of disaffection;
• Has experience in monitoring and evaluation, target setting and school improvement planning;
• Has the experience of building excellent relationships with parents and the wider school community.
The post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring service Enhanced check.
For an informal discussion please contact Mrs S Duggan, Headteacher.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role may be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Mrs S Duggan, The Headteacher for a discussion.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned direct to the school via email only by Wednesday, 14th July 2021 at 12 noon. To: FAO Mrs S Duggan, The Headteacher. CVs WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
CLOSING DATE: 12.00 noon, Wednesday, 14th July 2021 .
SHORTLISTING Wednesday, 14th July 2021
INTERVIEWS Friday, 16th July 2021
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.