Taylor Road Primary School
Taylor Road, Leicester, LE1 2JP
TEMPORARY PREMISES OFFICER – LEVEL 2
Full -Time (37hrs per week x 52 weeks)
Grade 4 Sp Pt 7-10 (£19,554 - £21,166)
(Pending Staffing Review)
This ‘good’, over-subscribed, very popular, multi-ethnic, inner city primary school requires an energetic, Level 2 Premises Officer to assist the Senior Premises Office with the operational management responsibilities for the maintenance, security, health & safety and general administration of the School site, its grounds, buildings, facilities and equipment ensuring it operates efficiently and effectively.
You will have responsibility for maintaining the security, safety, condition and cleanliness of the school, including carrying out routine day-to-day cleaning duties as required. You will work 37 hours per week, 52 weeks a year, which will be worked on a shift basis (7:00am -2:30 pm and 10:00am – 6:00 pm includes 30-minute lunch) during school term time and at times to be agreed during school holidays.
You will have:
• previous experience in a caretaking / premises management role;
• experience of undertaking routine repairs and maintenance or craft skills in a relevant trade;
• good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate well to staff, governors, pupils and parents;
• knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to the post;
• the ability to maintain accurate and efficient records
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a purpose-built, state-of-the-art primary school;
• CPD linked to the role
• A working culture where you are appreciated and valued
For further information, please refer to the attached job specification
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st June, 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 25/Wednesday 26th June, 2019
Start date: ASAP
Taylor Road Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.