St. Cuthbert’s R.C. Primary School
Letton Road, Cardiff Bay
Head Teacher: Mrs B.Brooks
Primary Teacher - PPA
(Temporary Position) Required for November 2021 – August 2022
Post Number ED50052524
The Governors are seeking to appoint a happy, motivated, enthusiastic and inspiring primary teacher.
We welcome applications from experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers.
St Cuthbert’s is a vibrant Catholic school based in the heart of Cardiff Bay. Our children live locally but many come from all over the world with over twenty languages spoken in the school. We are a happy school committed to ensuring all children can succeed and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational, dedicated and highly effective Primary Phase classroom teacher.
• Be able to demonstrate commitment to and experience of the ethos, Foundation Phase, NLF, DCF and have knowledge of the Wales Curriculum 2022.
• Have high expectations of children’s behaviour and achievements.
• Have high expectations of attainment and behaviour
• Committed to the well-being and nurture of pupils
• Able to work as part of a close team to achieve the very best for our pupils
• Be prepared to contribute to the wider life of our school
• Be strongly committed to their own continued learning and professional development
• Be able to lead a subject area successfully
We can offer:
• A welcoming and caring Catholic ethos.
• Opportunities to grow and develop as a teacher
• Children who are excited to learn, well behaved and polite.
• Supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues.
• A well resourced learning environment in a modern build
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Applications should be made on the Catholic Education Service application forms which are available to download at the Catholic Education Service website or eteach
The successful candidate will be expected to uphold the Catholic Ethos of the school and be committed to a climate of equality of opportunities and inclusion for all.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned direct to the school by the closing date.
Completed application forms to be returned direct to the school by email or post by the closing date.
We warmly welcome visits to the school following COVID rules. Please call the school to arrange a visit.
Closing date for applications: 12pm Monday 4th October 2021
Interviews and Lesson Observations: From 5th October
Start date: 1st November 2021
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.