CWMBACH CHURCH IN WALES PRIMARY SCHOOL
Tirfounder Road, Cwmbach, Aberdare, RCT, CF44 0AT
TEMPORARY SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Required to start 1 September, 2019
Hours – 27½ hours per week
Salary - Grade 3 £18,065 x 65%
The Governing Body of Cwmbach CiW Primary School are looking for a caring, motivated and nurturing person to undertake the role of special needs support assistant within our Key Stage 2 department.
We can offer a happy and supportive working environment and you will have the opportunity to teach children through an exciting and progressive curriculum.
We are proud of the improvements that have been made over the last few years and are looking for someone who has experience of enabling all children to succeed.
Do you have
• a good understanding of special educational needs, including ASD?
• an understand that all behaviours are a means of communication?
• experience of working with a children within an educational setting?
• the confidence and written skills to complete and maintain records, including working alongside the teacher to maintain detailed observation notes?
• excellent literacy and communication skills?
• the ability to be a great team player and willing to learn and undertake training?
• the ability to work flexibly under the direction of staff?
The successful candidate will need to be resourceful, emotionally resilient and have a calm, patient and understanding approach.
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th June 2019 at 12 noon
Interviews will be held the week commencing: 8th July 2019
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Cwmbach C.I.W. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.