FFYNNON TAF PRIMARY SCHOOL
Cardiff Road, Taff’s Well, Cardiff CF15 7PR
TEMPORARY SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Salary : Grade 3 – £18,065 x 67.95%
Hours : 28¾ hours per week Term Time Only
The Governing Body of Ffynnon Taf Primary School, wish to appoint a temporary Special Needs Support Assistant.
The post holder will work 5 days a week to support pupils within a
mainstream class. The post is required to start in January 2019, when
all checks have taken place.
Do you have
• a good understanding of special educational needs including ASD and ADHD?
• an understand that all behaviours are a means of communication?
• the patience and motivation to look beyond the immediate situation and search for ways to enable a child to succeed in a positive manner?
• experience of working with a child to build a mutual trusting relationship?
• the confidence and written skills to complete and maintain records, including working alongside the teacher to maintain detailed observation notes?
• excellent literacy and communication skills?
• the ability to be a great team player and willing to learn and undertake training?
• the ability to work flexibly under the direction of staff?
The successful candidate will need to have a calm, patient and understanding approach and be resourceful and emotionally resilient.
Closing Dates for applications is Friday 22nd November 2019 at 12.00 Noon
Interviews will be held the week commencing Monday 2nd December 2019
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council
Ffynnon Taf Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.