RHONDDA CYNON TAF
COEDYLAN PRIMARY SCHOOL
TEMPORARY SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT ASSISTANT / 1:1
20 Hours per week – Term Time Only (Monday- Friday)
Salary – Grade 3 £18,562 X 47.27%
The Governing Body of Coedylan Primary School requires a Special Needs Support Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a year 3 pupil with Additional Learning Needs. You must be committed to providing a safe environment for pupils and be a dedicated individual with patience and energy.
You will be:
- ensuring that the pupil concerned is integrated into the mainstream of the school under the leadership of the Headteacher.
- supervising the pupil whilst they move around the school, during short breaks and lunchtimes.
- assisting in teaching independent skills, appropriate social interaction and social behaviour both in and out of the classroom.
- working flexibly under the direction of staff.
You need to:
- have the confidence and written skills to maintain records, including working alongside the teacher to maintain detailed observations notes
- have excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- intend to be a great team player.
- able to build relationships with parents
- be willing to learn and undertake training.
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th November at 12 noon.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND VULNERABLE ADULTS IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL STAFF APPOINTED TO THE COUNCIL.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
Coedylan Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.