RHONDDA CYNON TAF COUNCIL
ABERDARE PARK PRIMARY SCHOOL
Hirwaun Road, Trecynon, Aberdare CF44 8LU
TEMPORARY SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Salary : Grade 3 – £18,562 x 37.82%
Hours : 16 hours per week Term Time Only
The post is required to start ASAP.
The Governing Body of Aberdare Park Primary School, wish to appoint a temporary Special Needs Support Assistant, to work with a pupil in the Foundation Phase. The post holder will work 5 days a week to support a child within a mainstream class.
Do you have:-
• a good understanding of special educational needs including ASD?
• an understand that all behaviours are a means of communication?
• the patience and motivation to look beyond the immediate situation and search for ways to enable a child to succeed in a positive manner?
• experience of working with a child to build a mutual trusting relationship?
• the confidence and written skills to complete and maintain records, including working alongside the teacher to maintain detailed observation notes?
• excellent literacy and communication skills?
• the ability to be a great team player and willing to learn and undertake training?
• the ability to work flexibly under the direction of staff?
The successful candidate will need to be resourceful, emotionally resilient and have a calm, patient and understanding approach. They will not be easily discouraged. As part of a strong staff team, they will not be fazed by challenging behaviours and can demonstrate an ability to think on their feet and innovate
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th April 2021 at 12.00 noon.
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favorably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Aberdare Park Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.