GELLI PRIMARY SCHOOL
YSTRAD ROAD, YSTRAD, RCT CF41 7PX
TEMPORARY SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Salary – Grade 3 - £18,562 X 23.64%
Hours: 10 Hours Per Week - Term Time Only
Required As soon as possible
Gelli Primary is an excellent primary school situated on the main road in Ystrad. The successful candidate will join a very strong, dedicated and enthusiastic team.
The Governors are committed to appointing a support assistant who:
• Is able to work as part of team to promote and support high quality learning experiences alongside a range of stakeholders.
• Is passionate about developing their role, skills and understanding
• Has experience of working with children in the primary phase and has some understanding of how learning develops
• Is adaptable and innovative
• Is committed to providing an inclusive environment for all learners.
• Is personable, approachable and aims for excellence
In return we can offer:
• A strong commitment to professional development
• An inclusive and friendly school with high aspirations
The closing date for applications is Friday 14th May 2021 at 12.00 noon.
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Gelli Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.