FFYNNON TAF PRIMARY SCHOOL
Cardiff Road, Taff’s Well, Cardiff CF15 7PR
Temporary Special Needs Support Assistant (3 Positions available)
Salary: Grade 3 – £18,562 pro rata x 59.09%
Hours: 25 hours per week -Term Time Only
Salary: Grade 3 – £18,562 pro rata x 47.27%
Hours: 20 hours per week -Term Time Only
Salary: Grade 3 – £18,562 pro rata x 35.45%
Hours: 15 hours per week -Term Time Only
The Governing Body of Ffynnon Taf Primary School, wish to appoint three temporary Special Needs Support Assistants. The post holders will support pupils within a mainstream class and will be required to start in June 2021, when all checks have taken place.
Do you have
• a good understanding of additional learning needs?
• an understand that all behaviours are a means of communication?
• the patience and motivation to look beyond the immediate situation and search for ways to enable a child to succeed in a positive manner?
• experience of working with a child to build a mutual trusting relationship?
• the confidence and written skills to complete and maintain records, including working alongside the teacher to maintain detailed observation notes?
• excellent literacy and communication skills?
• the ability to be a great team player and willing to learn and undertake training?
• the ability to work flexibly under the direction of staff?
The successful candidates will need to have a calm, patient and understanding approach and be resourceful and emotionally resilient.
Closing Dates for applications is Friday 30th April 2021 at 12 Noon with interviews week commencing Monday 10th May 2021
Please state which post you are applying for or if you wish to be considered for all three vacancies.
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Ffynnon Taf Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.