Mixed KS3 & KS4 - Age range: 11 – 16
39 weeks per year, 8.15 am – 2.45 pm
Start Date: As soon as possible until 31st August 2022 in the first instance (this will be reviewed and possibly extended)
The Governing Body wishes to appoint an excellent and highly committed Teaching Assistant level 1 with excellent Literacy and Numeracy skills to support teaching and learning in KS3 and KS4. The role of Teaching Assistant is both challenging and exciting but ultimately very rewarding.
The successful candidate duties will include:
• working under the direction of teachers to support access to learning for pupils
• establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
• supervising and supporting pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning;
• encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
• assisting with the preparation of teaching materials and resources
The school and Neath Port Talbot Council are totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our school is equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing. The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (child’s list).
Welsh Language: Not required
Cefn Saeson Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.