LLANDAFF CITY C/W PRIMARY SCHOOL
Headteacher: Mrs Annette James
TEMPORARY PART TIME TEACHER
(Based in Year 1 on a Monday and Tuesday)
POST REF: ED50192722:
Maternity Cover until 31st August 2020
Start Date: ASAP
The post is fixed term /temporary to cover the maternity of the permanent post holder and will continue until 31st August 2020, or the resumption/resignation of the permanent post holder, whichever is soonest. The Governing Body reserves the right to prematurely end your employment (or to withdraw the offer of appointment if your commencement date has not passed), where circumstances determine it necessary to do so
We are looking for a passionate and compassionate teacher with an excellent understanding of Foundation Phase pedagogy to join our team at Llandaff City.
Llandaff City is a vibrant, high attaining Church in Wales School.
• Confident in your understanding of child development and Foundation Phase pedagogy?
• Able to work collaboratively as part of a strong, large and dedicated team?
• Innovative and able to think and teach creatively?
• Caring, enthusiastic and committed to making learning engaging and enjoyable?
• Able to demonstrate high levels of digital competence, and use I.C.T effectively and appropriately to enhance teaching and learning experiences?
• Are you clear about the expectations of Focussed, Enhanced and Continuous Provision, and the role of the adult in supporting each?
• Able to plan sessions based upon effective use of the LNF and Success Criteria that embed and enhance skills across the curriculum?
• Able to support children with Additional Learning Needs and challenge the more able and talented?
• Committed to promoting the safeguarding of children?
• Keen to work with our parents and carers, members of our Governing Body, members of Llandaff City and the wider community?
We can offer the successful candidate:
• A warm, welcoming, caring school.
• An environment where children and staff feel safe and valued for the contribution that they all make.
• A very good school that aspires for excellence.
• Well behaved children who are articulate and motivated by enjoyable learning experiences.
• A commitment to your professional development, where you will have opportunities to grow and develop as a teacher.
• A highly supportive Governing Body
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) or e-mail Cardiff Works for an application pack quoting reference: ED50192722 and the job title.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned by: 10.00am Tuesday 24th September 2019 to: FAO Mrs Annette James, The Headteacher, Llandaff City C/W Primary School, Hendre Close, Llandaff, Cardiff, CF5 2HT or via email.
Closing Date: 10am Tuesday 24th September 2019
Interview Date: 2nd October 2019.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.