Pear Tree Federation
Coryton Primary School and Tongwynlais Primary School
CLASS TEACHER (KS2)
Post Reference : ED50051198
The Governing Body of The Pear Tree Federation wishes to appoint one full time temporary class teacher commencing on, or as near to, November 1st 2020 to cover a secondment. The successful candidates will be awarded a joint federation contract and may be based in either Coryton or Tongwynlais Primary School. In the first instance this post will be based at Coryton Primary School.
The post will be teaching in Year 5 for the remainder of the 2020/21academic year.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent class teacher
• Have strong experience of teaching in Upper Key Stage 2 over a number of years
• Have experience of teaching in an inclusive school
• Have a strong interest in developing an innovative and creative curriculum
• Have excellent ICT and digital skills
• Be willing and able to ‘lead’ in agreed curriculum aspects
• Have a good understanding of ‘Rights Respecting Schools’
• Have a good standard of Welsh
• Be a team player
• Be able to commit to extra-curricular activities
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms should be completed online and should be emailed to the school
by noon on 28th September 2020. Shortlisting will take place in the week ending 2nd October 2020 with interviews taking place week beginning 5th October 2020.
Further information about the post can be obtained by contacting the Deputy Headteacher, Mr James
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.
The Pear Tree Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.