OAKFIELD PRIMARY SCHOOL
Headteacher: Mr David Harris
TEMPORARY FULL TIME TEACHER Year 4
MPS / UPS
This position is suitable for NQTs and/or experienced teachers.
To Commence Immediately
Two terms cover for maternity leave until 28th May 2021
The post is temporary to cover the maternity of the permanent post holder and will continue until 28th May 2021, or the resumption/resignation of the permanent post holder, whichever is soonest. The Governing Body reserves the right to prematurely end your employment (or to withdraw the offer of appointment if your commencement date has not passed), where circumstances determine it necessary to do so.
The Head teacher and Governing Body of Oakfield Primary School are
looking for an innovative, strong and inspirational classroom practitioner who is committed to children’s learning, wellbeing and the raising of standards.
The successful candidate will need to have high expectations for pupils with a wide range of ability and experiences and be able to join an enthusiastic, hardworking, committed and helpful team of staff. He/she will be an excellent practitioner who is able to enthuse and motivate pupils in one of our reception classes.
The successful candidate will be:-
• a strong motivational practitioner working within a committed team
• patient, calm understanding and caring
• able to teach in an early years setting
• adaptable, flexible, resourceful and committed to excellence
• committed to working in an environment that fosters inclusion and equality
• ICT proficient in the delivery of lessons, where relevant
• able to plan and deliver appropriate and challenging Programmes of Study for children of all abilities and have a very good knowledge of ALN
• able to teach Welsh as a second language
• able to commit to running an after school club
• a team player
• fully understanding of current and future developments in education
• fully committed to their own learning and professional development
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share. Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role might be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Mr David Harris, Headteacher for a discussion.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms should to be returned via email to the school by 12.00 pm midday, Monday 21st September 2020 for the attention of Mr. David Harris, Headteacher.
Closing date: Midday – Monday 21st September 2020
(NB – Closing time and date will be strictly adhered to)
Interview: 25th September 2020 - If candidates have not been contacted by this date then
they should assume that they have not been successful in being shortlisted.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.