KS2 Teaching Post – temporary maternity cover
Required from January 2021 – for two terms in the first instance
The Headteacher and Governors of Horsforth Newlaithes Primary School are seeking to appoint a creative, passionate and inspirational primary practitioner to provide exciting and fun learning opportunities for our children.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher who can bring energy and enthusiasm to the post.
The candidate will be fully committed to raising achievement of pupils in their class and impact on the wider school community through the effective co-ordination of a subject area.
The candidate will:
• Have high expectations of themselves, the people they work with and the children they teach
• Use assessment for learning techniques to ensure all children make outstanding progress in their learning
• Be committed to driving forward pupil progress and achievement using a child centred focus
• Be an effective and reflective classroom practitioner who is willing to learn and develop whilst sharing expertise to develop others
• Demonstrate effective behaviour for learning techniques
• Be well organised and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
• Be cheerful with a positive, 'can-do' attitude
• Be able to demonstrate very good interpersonal and communication skills
• Lead, motivate and inspire teams of people
We will offer:
• Delightful, lively and engaged children
• An industrious school with a drive to improve standards
• Supportive, friendly and committed staff and governors
• A commitment to CPD
• Pleasant school grounds and environment
• The opportunity to model and share good practice
Horsforth Newlaithes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS).
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Candidates are encouraged to come and look around the school by prior arrangement.
Applications can be obtained from the school office and be returned to Mrs Ellis, School Business Manager no later than 12.00 pm Thursday 8th October 2020. Interviews will be held w/b 19th October 2020.
Horsforth Newlaithes Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.