THE RAINBOW FEDERATION
Bryn Hafod Primary School, Glan yr Afon Primary School
Blagdon Close, Browning Close,
CF3 4HF CF3 5NJ
Executive Headteacher: Mrs Rhian Lundrigan
POST Ref: ED50269654
To Commence September 1st 2021- 31st August 2022
This post is temporary due to budgets and funding, initially for one year
The Governing Body of the Rainbow Federation are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational classroom practitioner for the Federation’s Rainbow Class at Bryn Hafod Primary School.
The Rainbow Class is a successful class within Bryn Hafod Primary School for pupils aged 5-11 with a primary need of Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD).
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with pupils who display distressed behaviours and/or Additional Learning Needs (ALN) OR can demonstrate a willingness to work with the most challenging pupils and has an outstanding track record in relation to learning and teaching in their classroom. This post might be suitable for an exceptional NQT.
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner who inspires vulnerable children to achieve their full potential.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills to work effectively in partnership with parents, staff, governors and outside agencies.
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Have high expectations of achievement and a commitment to raising standards.
This is a challenging but very rewarding position.
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain ap-proval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role may be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Mrs Rhian Lundrigan Executive Headteacher to discuss.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned via email only to FAO Mrs Rhian Lundrigan Executive Headteacher by 12.00pm Thursday 29th April 2021
If you would like to discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact the Executive Headteacher – Mrs Rhian Lundrigan
Closing Date: 12.00pm Thursday 29th April 2021.
Lesson observations and interviews will be held. Date to be confirmed
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.