Howardian Primary School
Hammond Way, Penylan, Cardiff CF23 9NB
Temporary (Maternity Cover)
MPS pay scale
Post Number ED50242199
Starting date: Monday 1st November
(or sooner depending on COVID regulations)
Temporary until 8th April 2022
‘The school is a caring and inclusive community with strong levels of respect, trust and co-operation between staff, pupils and parents.’ Estyn July 2019
We are a new and growing school in Cardiff. Currently we have Nursery to Year 5 pupils and will be welcoming our first Year 6 cohort in September 2020. This is an exciting opportunity for a temporary teacher to help shape and develop the school as it grows.
At the beginning of September 2018 we moved into our brand new school and it's really important to us that our new teachers share our commitment to making it a real Community School. Our children all live locally and come from many nationalities. Parents are very supportive of our school and we have incredibly enthusiastic and dedicated staff. Our Estyn Inspection July 2019 said: ‘There is a strong team ethos. All members of staff feel valued and work together well.’
The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint a temporary, hardworking and enthusiastic teacher to cover a Maternity leave. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent learning and teaching in the primary age phase
• A strong commitment to continuing professional development
• An excellent team ethos and desire to further develop leadership skills
If you are a teacher with these qualities, attributes and skills we offer you:
• the opportunity to work in a school where ‘all stakeholders, including pupils, feel a strong sense of pride and ownership in their school’
• a wide range of exciting opportunities for continuing professional development and creating the new curriculum for Wales in our school
• motivated, confident pupils who have a very positive attitude to school and learning
• supportive governors and parents
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Louise Curran for a discussion.
Applications should be sent to: Louise Curran
Closing Date: Wednesday 9th June @ 12 noon
Shortlisting: Friday 11th June
Interviews and teaching observations: W/B: Monday June 21st
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.