RHONDDA CYNON TAF COUNCIL
YNYSHIR PRIMARY SCHOOL
LLANWONNO ROAD, YNYSHIR, PORTH, CF39 0HU
NUMBERS OF PUPILS ON ROLE: 255
Temporary Foundation Phase Teacher
32 ½ Hours Per Week
Salary: Teachers Pay Scale
Start Date: September 2022
The Governors of Ynyshir Primary School, are seeking to appoint an outstanding, highly motivated and conscientious teacher to cover a secondment for two terms, starting in September 2022. The post is temporary, to cover the absence of the current postholder, until the end of the Spring Term 2023.
Ynyshir is a happy and successful Primary School with a strong caring and inclusive ethos, situated in the community of Ynyshir, Porth. It currently has 255 pupils on role, split across 8 classes and a Nursery. We are situated in a semi-rural area with appropriate grounds and are well-resourced to support the requirements of the New Curriculum.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the skills of an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of children’s behaviour and achievement. The successful candidates will work with staff who are committed to providing children with excellent learning experiences.
The successful candidates will:
• be an excellent practitioner who demonstrates a commitment to high standards and expectations and is prepared to work hard to ensure the best for each child;
• have excellent behaviour management skills;
• be able to build positive relationships with pupils;
• have successful and relevant experience at raising standards;
• have the ability to fully implement assessment for learning strategies assess, set targets and use data effectively;
• have the ability to use ICT effectively to deliver high quality teaching and learning experiences;
• have an excellent understanding and implementation of Curriculum for Wales, skills development and pedagogy;
• be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills to work effectively in partnership with parents, staff, governors and the local community;
• demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively as an effective team member.
Ynyshir Primary School can offer you:
• An inclusive, welcoming, caring school with a culture of mutual respect and teamwork;
• A committed team, motivated to continually drive school improvements;
• A commitment to providing high quality professional development and a continual focus on improving pedagogy;
• An extremely supportive and effective Governing Body.
Applicants should state their curricular strengths and any extra-curricular skills they may be able to offer the school.
A lesson observation by the Head Teacher and a member of the SLT, will be part of the interview process and will take place prior to formal interview.
Should you require further information about the post, please contact Paula Phillips.
The closing date for applications is 27th May 2022 at 12.00 noon.
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 7th June 2022
Observation Date: Tuesday 14th – 15th June 2022
Interview Date: Monday 20th June
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Ynyshir Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.