Llanedeyrn Primary School
Cardiff, CF23 9JN
429 roll (including 64FTE in the Nursery) Age Range 3-11
Post Ref: ED50160299
Temporary Full Time Teacher (Maternity Cover)
3 terms - To commence 1st September 2021 (this may change under COVID-19 maternity guidelines, date to be confirmed nearer the time).
Required from September 2021
The Governing Body wish to appoint a temporary teacher from September 2021 to teach in Key Stage 2.
The successful candidate will work as part of a strong team which aims to deliver exceptional teaching and learning for all its pupils aged 3 to 11 years old.
Our School is looking for a candidate who can demonstrate:
• experience of teaching in Key Stage 2;
• high expectations for the learning, behaviour and wellbeing of all pupils;
• a clear understanding of the new Curriculum for Wales, Oracy and the 12 Pedagogical Principles;
• a commitment to working as part of a team and developing links with the wider community;
• an ability to challenge pupils and staff to continuously improve.
Our School can offer the successful candidate:
• Happy and friendly children with an enthusiasm for education and learning;
• A committed and resourceful group of teaching and support staff;
• A professional Governing Body which challenges and supports;
• A spacious and attractive site with potential for expansion;
• Professional development opportunities.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Candidates wishing to visit or discuss the School informally should contact the Headteacher, Mrs Bev Knuckey, to arrange a convenient date and time.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned direct to the school by the closing date.
Applications close at 12:00 p.m. on Friday 25th June 2021.
Interviews will take place on Friday 2nd July 2021.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.