RHONDDA CYNON TAF COUNCIL
CWMAMAN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Glanaman Road, Cwmaman, Aberdare. CF44 6LA
Maternity Leave Cover in Y5 Class, at least to July 2021
Required from 28th February 2022 (or, if available, 31st January)
Salary: Teachers Pay Scale
Cwmaman Primary is an excellent primary school situated in the village of Cwmaman. The successful candidate will join a very strong, dedicated and enthusiastic team.
The Governors are committed to appointing a teacher who:
- Is an inspirational teacher and able to provide high quality learning experiences
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner with a deep understanding of how children learn successfully
- Is adaptable and innovative
- Has a clear understanding of the challenges that need to be met in delivering the new Curriculum for Wales
- Is strongly committed to working closely with governors, parents, and the wider community
- Is personable, approachable and aims for excellence
In return we can offer:
- A strong commitment to professional development
- A school with high aspirations and a genuine opportunity to make a difference
- An opportunity to help shape the future of teaching and learning
- A dedicated and supportive team of governors
The closing date for applications is Friday, 10th December 2021 at 12:00 noon.
Candidates will be short listed, and Interviews will be held at the beginning of January 2022
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OF ALL STAFF APPOINTED TO THE COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Cwmaman Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.