St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School
Wyndham Crescent, Canton, Cardiff CF11 9EF
Temporary Teaching Assistant
Level 1 Grade 3 SCP3-6 Pro rata Salary £18,562 - £19,698
Start date: September 2021
Temporary until August 2022
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and encouraging Level 1 teaching assistant to support a learner with a hearing impairment. Required from September 2021 (or as soon as possible), for 35 hours a week in a Year 3 classroom. This role will include working with groups of learners within the classroom and working 1:1 with a learner with hearing impairment.
The successful candidate will be:
• positive, patient and caring;
• flexible and friendly;
• keen to be part of a team;
• willing to support the Catholic ethos of our school;
• willing to become involved in the wider life of the school and parish.
We can offer:
• a strong Catholic ethos with excellent parish links;
• happy, well-behaved and motivated children who enjoy coming to school;
• a supportive, friendly and welcoming community;
• opportunities to work with others collaboratively;
• excellent CPD opportunities.
Under the Education (Wales) Act 2014, all School Learning Support Workers must be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Applications must be made using the Catholic Education Service support staff application form.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Completed forms should be returned by post or email to: The Headteacher, St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Canton, Cardiff, CF11 9EF
Closing date: Friday 3rd September 2021 (12 noon)
Lesson observations & interviews: week beginning 6th September 2021
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.