Working on a 1 to 1 basis with a pupil. Some Cover Supervision will be expected. Be part of the ALN Team
Mixed - No’s on roll: 782 - Age range: 11 – 16
To start as soon as possible up to 29th May 2020 in the first instance.
Salary: Grade 5, SCP 9-17, £15,350 per annum
32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year, 8.15 am – 3.15 pm
The Governing Body wishes to appoint an excellent and highly committed Teaching Assistant/Cover Supervisor to join our skilled team of staff. This is a pivotal role in providing support to a student who has learning needs and difficulties. With a commitment to a pupil centred approach and the willingness to support the student in the best possible way. The role of Teaching Assistant is both challenging and exciting but ultimately very rewarding.
The successful candidate will
• assist in support and inclusion of a pupil accessing an alternative curriculum.
• assist in the support and inclusion of ALN pupils within the school by supporting the work of the ALN team, class teachers and support staff.
• provide appropriate support for individual pupils in literacy and numeracy
and targeted support for small groups of pupils across the school.
• deliver interventions including speech and language, phonics, social skills development, smart moves, and other areas of need.
• support children who have identified conditions such as; autism spectrum disorder and social, emotional and mental health needs.
• Use a person centred approach to support students.
• be able to undertake cover supervision for whole classes.
The successful candidate will be:
• enthusiastic about working with children
• able to deliver and support intervention strategies
• a good communicator and team member, who is caring, flexible and approachable
• committed to developing pupils as independent learners and thinkers
• able to work collaboratively
• reliable and able to take responsibility
The school and Neath Port Talbot Council are totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our school is equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing. The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (child’s list).
Welsh language is not required for this post. Applications may be submitted in Welsh, applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.
Cefn Saeson Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.