FFYNNON TAF PRIMARY SCHOOL
Cardiff Road, Taff’s Well, Cardiff CF15 7PR
TEMPORARY TEACHING ASSISTANT (LEVEL 1)
Required to start September 2021 until 31st August 2022
Hours – 15 hours per week – Term Time Only
Salary - Grade 3 £18,562 x 35.45%
The Governing Body of Ffynnon Taf Primary School, wish to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated part time Foundation Phase Learning Support Assistant with experience of working with nursery aged children.
The post holder will work alongside the nursery Higher Level Teaching Assistant and the wider Foundation Phase team and will be required to start in September 2021, when all checks have taken place.
Do you have
• the skills to establish good working relationships with children, acting as a positive role model?
• an excellent understanding and commitment to the philosophy of the Foundation Phase?
• A good knowledge of the seven areas of the foundation phase and the programme of study for literacy and numeracy?
• the skills to supervise and support children both indoors and outdoors in order to support their learning?
• the confidence and skills to complete and maintain written records, including working alongside the teacher to maintain detailed observation notes?
• excellent literacy and communication skills?
• the ability to be a great team player and willing to learn and undertake training?
• the ability to work flexibly under the direction of staff?
The successful candidates will need to have a calm and patient approach and be resourceful and emotionally resilient.
We can offer you a supportive and positive working environment during an exciting time of educational change. You will have the opportunity to support the learning through a rich and progressive curriculum.
Closing Dates for applications is Friday 7 May 2021 at 12 noon with interviews week commencing Monday 17th May 2021
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Ffynnon Taf Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.