Llanharan Primary School
Temporary Teaching Assistant (Level 2)
Grade 4 £18,993 x 73.27%
31 Hours Per week
The Governing Body of Llanharan Primary School wish to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Teaching Assistant to join the primary school team. The successful Teaching Assistant will work in partnership with the teaching staff to maintain and continue to develop an innovative, dynamic and engaging learning environment. This post is temporary until August 2022 with the start date to be as soon as possible.
Do you have
• excellent communication skills and literacy skills?
• an excellent understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of the Foundation Phase?
• the ability to foster positive working relationships with our pupils and act as a positive role model?
• experience of establishing a caring and supportive environment for pupils?
• good behaviour management skills?
• the confidence and skills to complete and maintain written records and observation notes alongside the class teacher?
• the ability to work flexibly under the direction of the teaching staff?
• calm, patient and emotionally resilient?
• adaptable with a growth mindset?
• a lifelong learner who is keen to engage in professional development?
• a team player?
We can offer you a supportive, enthusiastic working environment and the opportunity to engage in high quality professional development opportunities.
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st May 2021 at 12.00 noon.
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.