GLENBOI COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL
ABERCWMBOI ISAF ROAD,
N.O.R : 138
HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT (LEVEL 4)
HOURS: 28.5 HOURS (TERM-TIME ONLY)
SALARY: GRADE 7, £24,491 x 67.36%
START DATE: As soon as possible , temporary for one term in the first instance
The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint a Level 4 Higher Level Teaching Assistant with a thorough understanding of working in a primary school. The role will involves covering PPA for class teachers and senior leaders of learning
The successful candidate will:
• Have a thorough understanding of the Foundation Phase and KS2 pedagogy.
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner who inspires and leads children to meet their full potential.
• Have the enthusiasm, energy and ability to motivate, challenge and support others at all stages of their professional development.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills to work effectively with parents, staff and governors.
• Have high expectations of achievement and commitment to raising standards.
• Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively as an effective team member.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 19 May 2021 at 12.00 noon.
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.