- Are you looking to take the first steps towards an exciting career in IT?
- Are you customer focused and motivated?
- Would you like to play a key supporting role in a growing multi Academy Trust?
If so, The Park Academies Trust are looking for a Trainee IT Technician to join their team at Abbey Park School.
The Park Academies Trust was formed in 2016 with the vision to make a significant contribution to improving education in Swindon and surrounds.
Red Oaks Primary School became part of the Trust in 2019, joining Lydiard Park Academy (LPA) and Abbey Park School, our two secondary schools. As a result, we are able to offer an all through provision from nursery right up to our Sixth Form based at LPA, enabling staff and pupils alike to benefit from being part of a thriving multi-phase educational Trust.
We celebrated an excellent year for GCSE results across both secondary schools in 2019 and another very successful set of A-level results from our Sixth Form based at LPA. We need talented staff as we take advantage of the unique opportunities ahead.
About the role
We are looking for a Trainee IT Technician who can:
- Help provide high quality IT support to staff across the Trust
- Take responsibility for key tasks such as Helpdesk management
- Assist in developing a more integrated approach to ICT, printing and technology across the Trust
- Learn in a fast paced IT environment
NB Whilst this role is based at Abbey Park School the post holder may be asked to work at other sites across the Trust.
We are keen to hear from interested candidates who:
- Have a desire to learn and an interest in ICT
- Are pro-active with a can-do attitude
- Are approachable and able to communicate with people of all backgrounds
- Have experience of a range of ICT related equipment and software
- Can demonstrate basic working knowledge of the components of a PC, and troubleshooting
- Are educated to GCSE level/NVQ 2-3 or equivalent
What we offer
- A positive and dynamic environment in a Trust which is growing in both size and success
- A strong pupil ethos centred on mutual respect and fulfilling potential
- Excellent opportunities for CPD across the Trust.
- Competitive salary
- Staff Discount portal
- Support from experienced and knowledgeable colleagues across the Trust
- Enthusiastic, approachable and dedicated colleagues
- Attractive Pension Scheme
- Access to Benenden Health Care Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Abbey Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All employees are subject to an enhanced DBS check and require satisfactory references.