POST: Traineeship Tutor
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
CONTRACT: 10 month fixed-term contract: Friday 30th July 2021
SALARY: £24,500 per annum
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days + 8 bank holiday days paid holiday (pro-rata)
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
In this role you will be responsible for the planning, delivery and development of our Traineeship programme for 16-18 year olds across Swindon. This position is suitable for a self-starter who would enjoy a varied and fast paced role. You will be responsible for the teaching and assessment of City and Guilds qualifications. The Traineeships programme (26 weeks in duration) will consist of the following:
Core aim work experience with a local employer (minimum 70 hours).
Learners who have GCSE grade 3 or below in Maths/English will study Functional Skills (55 GLHs per qualification).
Development of Employability Skills (Level 1 Award – 60 GLHs) – e.g. planning for progression, CV/personal statement writing, interview skills etc.
Performance will be measured against a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering learner recruitment, retention, progress, timely reviews, successful completion and progressions. Quality will be monitored and measured through the organisation’s comprehensive quality assurance and improvement arrangements
1. Deliver Employability Skills and Functional Skills (Maths and English) in small groups (6 learners per session).
2. Implement effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
3. Co-produce Individual Learning Plans for each learner, taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
4. Contribute to on-going development of schemes of work and curriculum plans.
5. Implement differentiation in teaching and learning.
6. Attend and participate in meetings and produce reports as requested.
7. Attend training events / courses as required, maintaining own CPD and contribute to curriculum development.
8. Be responsible for and effectively manage a caseload of learners (25 learners per year).
9. Maintain a high standard of training and ensure performance targets are achieved.
10. Ensure learners understand the requirements of their programme prior to enrolling.
11. Provide ongoing information, advice and guidance to learners from enrolment to progression, along with signposting to external sources of support.
12. Monitor and mark learners’ work.
13. Complete and maintain individual learning plans and progress reviews.
15. Liaising with the Marketing and Administration Officer to ensure all learners have a work placement.
16. Lead activities to complement classroom-based sessions.
17. At all times ensure that safe working practices are adopted in compliance with relevant health and safety procedures.
18. Demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity and treatment and comply with company policy and procedures and relevant legislation relating to equality and diversity.
19. Coach, guide and encourage learners to give them the necessary skills, motivation and knowledge to progress.
20. Facilitate effective timely reviews with learners and provide appropriate pastoral support to learners to enable them to complete their courses.
21. To lead on marketing and engaging with external stakeholders to ensure that learners are recruited and enrolled on the courses.
22. Any other reasonable request or duties commensurate to the post.
Teaching qualification (i.e. PGCE, Level 5 Diplomas in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
English and Mathematics qualifications at Level 3
Information, Advice and Guidance qualification (Desirable)
Previous experience of delivering Functional Skills and Employability Skills
Previous experience of delivering Traineeships to 16-18 year olds
Skills and abilities
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and effective interpersonal skills
Excellent ICT skills
Excellent organisational and administrative skills
Able to work accurately towards targets and deadlines
Ability to engage and support young people
Ability to communicate effectively with learners from a wide range of abilities
Ability to work as a member of a team
Reliable, punctual and responsible
Committed to inclusion
Whitehead-Ross Education And Consulting Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.