Macclesfield College is a multi-award winning college and proud of its ambitious values. In addition to being the number 1 college in Cheshire and Warrington (DfE 2019), regionally it has proudly achieved Business of the Year 2019/20, and Business and Education winner 2019/20. This is alongside many of our colleagues winning teaching and other awards; we are proud of our organisation achievements.
Our mission statement “Empowerment through Learning” is our company DNA, not only do we want the very best for every student, we want the best for our colleagues too – join us!
Key responsibilities include:
- To deliver high quality training and assessment for apprentices working towards the Apprenticeship Standard in Light Motor Vehicle both in college and out in the workplace.
- To take ownership of the full apprenticeship and deliver the relevant Functional Skills where required.
- To support the team with IQA of relevant qualifications if verifier qualification is held.
- Actively promote apprenticeship and other training to employers.
The ideal candidate will need to possess an Assessing Qualification (D32, A1, TAQA), as well as recent, relevant industrial or commercial experience, excellent up-to-date knowledge of the industry sector’s and will have experience delivering the full apprenticeship including Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT up to level 2.
A Verification qualification (D33,D43, V1, IQA) is also desirable.
Why Choose Macclesfield College? For starters we offer the opportunity to work from home on a Friday to enhance your work life balance.
We are proud to be a Real Living Wage employer and by joining us, you will have access to our fantastic benefits, inclusive of:
- Free onsite parking
- 38 days annual leave inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays
- 2 weeks additional leave at Christmas close
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Long Service Recognition
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Continuing Professional Development
- Good for ME, Good for FE – Volunteering, Fundraising
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite cafés
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.