Transition Assistant x 3
Hours: two posts of 18 hrs per week, one post of 9hrs term time only
Contract Type: temporary
Salary/Grade: SCP 5-6, £18,795 - £19,171 pro-rata
Combe Down Primary School are looking to recruit two 1:1 Transition Assistants to support children in the Foundation Stage. The children will require support with:
- Post one: sensory, focus, attention and listening difficulties and Speech & Language
- Post two: focus and attention difficulties, social and emotional wellbeing, Speech & Language. Dual language experience is beneficial.
- Post three: sensory, focus, attention and listening difficulties, Speech & Language and social communication.
We are looking for a warm, caring individuals who can offer an exceptional level of care and foster the children’s independence. We are looking for someone to motivate, support and encourage the pupils to fully access the curriculum and school life and to help with personal care.
This role is dependent on individual pupil funding and therefore is a temporary position until 31.08.2021 and will continue until such time as the funding ceases and/or the child leaves the school if this is earlier.
The successful applicants will need to:
- Be a team player
- Inspire and motivate children
- Have high expectations and excellent classroom practice
- Have a desire to improve their own practice further.
- Be willing to embrace, support and develop the Christian ethos of our school.
In return, we are proud to offer you:
- Enthusiastic children
- Willing, hardworking staff team
- Supportive parents who are keen to be involved
- A strong team of governors
- CPD across the Trust
Please look at our website and that of the Trust for more information about the school.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please call the school office on 01225-840324 to arrange.
Please return the completed application form to the Special Education Needs Manager either online or to Hayley Ashton at Combe Down Primary School, The Log Cabin, Church Road, Combe Down, Bath BA2 5JQ.
Closing date: 12pm, 9th of July 2020
Interviews: 15th July 2020 via electronic Microsoft Teams Facility
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Combe Down CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.