Trust Catering Manager is a new role that will shape the future of the catering services across our Trust. This is both a strategic and operational role, working Trust wide with our catering teams and the Trust’s Chief Operating Officer as well as key academy staff.
Learning without Limits Academy Trust is at an exciting point of development and as standards improve across all of our academies we are eager to raise the profile of the catering provision, highlighting this as a key service that has a direct impact on our students and their outcomes.
The Trust formed in 2016 and now consists of five academies; four based in Leicester City and one just over the border in Leicestershire.
Why work for us?
Our strength comes from collaboration and the emphasis on winning hearts and inspiring minds. We know that we achieve more by working together. We are a family and a team. There are no limits to how high we aim, and to what our children and young people, academies and communities can accomplish.
You will be given the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in this role and you will have access to continuous development.
Competitive Salary - £39,880 to £42,821
Hours: 37 hours a week, 52 weeks a year
We offer a comprehensive Staff Rewards Package through Sodexo and counselling and wellbeing services through the Schools Advisory Service.
Location of the role:
The Trust Catering Manager will initially be based across our three Secondary Academies: Babington Academy, Lancaster Academy and South Wigston High School and will later also encompass Woodstock Primary Academy and Heatherbrook Primary Academy.
Overall Purpose of this Post:
To lead and develop catering practice across the Trust, providing clear and consistent guidance for the safe, effective and efficient operation of LwLAT Catering Services. To ensure that the Trust is operating in line with school food standards and that the catering function operates in compliance with all internal and regulatory requirements.
- Line management of all Trust catering staff, overseeing recruitment, performance and absence management, support, training and development to deliver an efficient, high quality service for our academy communities.
- Lead on a full audit of Trust catering contracts and services to develop and deliver a procurement strategy to ensure value for money in all areas.
- Develop a strategic on-going 3 year Trust wide Catering Plan.
- Lead on income generation opportunities and be responsible for ensuring best value principles are applied to the provision of externally supplied services.
- COSHH, Food Safety, Health & Safety, legal regulations, environmental policies, ensuring each Academy is compliant with all legal, Health & Safety requirements and Trust policies, including duty of care to staff, students and colleagues.
- Risk assessments and developing and maintaining Health and Safety for each Academy, in line with Trust policies and procedures.
- Devising, planning and preparing balanced menus with Head Chefs, in accordance with nutritional standards, considering the dietary needs, including allergies, and preferences of pupils and staff and varied cultural and religious backgrounds and that are within agreed budgets..
- Ensuring procurement process take into account sustainable, environmental and ethical values with regards to suppliers and resources.
- Overseeing a catering apprenticeship scheme across the Trust, providing opportunities for utilising the apprenticeship levy and for succession planning.
You will have:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant role.
- Management training/experience.
- Experience of effectively line managing a significant number of staff across multiple sites.
- Experience in leading the buying and procurement process and providing value for money across multiple sites.
- High level of oral and literacy skills and high level of IT competence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate.
- Self-motivated with sense of own initiative.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to the role.
How to Apply:
For safer recruitment purposes we will only accept fully completed LwLAT application forms. CVs and resumes will not be considered.
9am on Wednesday 14th April 2021
Interviews will be held on Thursday 22nd April at the Trust Offices c/o The Lancaster Academy, Knighton Road East, Leicester LE2 6FU
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.