We have an exceptional opportunity for a Compliance professional to join our large Multi Academy Trust and work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver operational excellence within our Estates function and foster a strong health and safety culture across our 41 schools.
We are seeking to recruit a Trust Health and Safety Compliance Manager who will work with our Estates Director and Regional Estates teams to monitor, advise and report on health and safety and premises-related compliance across our schools, and to be the first point of contact on health and safety matters. You will use your experience to ensure the Trust is compliant in meeting its Health and Safety obligations, review and improve our systems, processes and knowledge across the Trust, and support our schools to provide the best possible education for our 15000 children with the resources available. We require an individual who is experienced and knowledgeable in Health and Safety, a great team player, has excellent communication skills and has a flexible approach to work.
The role will be based at one of our Trust Offices, in Pine Ridge School, Camberley or at The Beacon School, Banstead, but some travel to our schools will be required. There are opportunities for remote working.
We are interested to hear from qualified professionals that have gained experience ideally in Education or a similar industry.
Please refer to the attached Candidate Pack for more information.
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of their own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Some of our benefits include:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Valued worker scheme
As part of GLF, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for all staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
What we are looking for
The Trust Health and Safety Compliance Manager will aspire to deliver best practise at all times.
● A qualification in Health and Safety / Risk Management (NEBOSH or equivalent)
● Experience of managing Health and Safety compliance in a busy environment
● Good general IT skills, including experience of using compliance management or FM systems
● Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
● Excellent interpersonal skills and gravitas to liaise with senior staff
● Good team player and skilled at building relationships
● Accustomed to working to tight reporting deadlines
● Be able to manage staff and motivate staff to achieve their goals
● Demonstrate good analytical skills and a positive approach to problem solving
Your role will include:
● Contributing to the development safety policies and procedures
● Monitoring compliance – including carrying out on-site audits - and providing regular reports to colleagues, Trustees and others
● Advising colleagues across the Trust on Health and Safety matters
● Contributing to procurement and managing contracts for compliance and facilities management services
● Providing (as part of the team) first line responsive support and advice on safety matters to schools and other GLF staff, including prompt responses to emergency situations
● Representing the vision of the Trust in all communication with colleagues, school staff and external parties
● Developing the KPI and performance reporting
Hours of work: 36 hours per week across 52 weeks of the year
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Closing date for applications - 3rd August 2020
Interview date – Thursday 6th August 2020
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.