Tutor Jet Academy - Learning Centre Supervision Service
An opportunity has arisen for a talented and ambitious tutor to join Wey Education with the ideal candidate coming from a Secondary School, Science background; although a subject expert is not necessary. The ideal candidate will also need to be able to demonstrate and provide strong attributes.
Operating world-wide, we are the largest online school group in the UK, using state of the art technology to deliver a fully personalised education online. Our curriculum structure is based on the key stages, with IGCSEs offered at KS4 and A Levels at KS5. We teach students online, through a digital platform.
We offer a genuinely 21st century education and the opportunity for teachers to develop professional skills. Our teachers teach exceptionally well-behaved students from the comfort of their own home and all teachers are provided with high quality computer hardware.
Wey Education plc is the AIM listed holding company of an educational group providing services online worldwide. Using state-of-the-art digital technology, Wey operates two established divisions – InterHigh, a non-selective fee-paying online secondary school, established in 2005 and a B2B division including Academy 21, serving other educational providers, schools, local authorities and other public bodies.
We are currently working in partnership with an elite tennis academy, where we will be providing both on-line courses and support in the form of a learning supervisor. The responsibilities of the supervisor are as follows:
• The cover period for this post will be 10am to 7pm Monday to Friday during InterHigh School’s academic calendar, which runs annually from September to first week of July.
• The service will also cover the three half terms breaks of InterHigh School’s academic calendar.
• You will be responsible for a small group of students with the daily duties involving online learning between periods of tennis training.
• Wey Education will provide one teacher for a total of 8-hours to provide the Services on a flexible basis as required by JET during the cover period of 10am to 7pm, and such additional hours as are reasonably required.
• Additional hours above the 8 hours provisioned will need to be subject to an additional hourly rate
• The supervisor will support students and liaise with on-line teaching and pastoral staff where necessary. They will not have a direct teaching responsibility. The supervisor will act as a guide and mentor for students across the range of IGCSEs and A level subjects in preparation for exams.
• For students applying to US colleges, the supervisor will help prep students for the SAT/ACT tests. It is necessary for candidates to read upon these tests to gather a full understanding.
Start Date – 1st September 2019
Salary Range - £30,993 - £34,535
Full Time - Permanent
Location - This post will be based in North London
Wey Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.