Salary: Lecturer scale £15,178 - £19,771 per annum inclusive of London Weighting Allowance, (FTE £30,357 - £39,542 per annum)
Hours: 18 hours per week, all year round
Location: Quadrant House, Sutton SM2 5AS, however will be required to travel to College and Academy sites in London, Surrey and Sussex
Based within the Training and Apprenticeships team, you will assist the management team in the development of Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust as a professional resource and deliver training opportunities internally and externally. You will work closely with the Head of Apprenticeships to deliver the apprenticeship programme. The College is an approved provider of apprenticeship training and has been offering apprenticeships in Healthcare Support, Supporting Teaching and Learning, and Customer Service from April 2018.
- Have responsibility for the apprenticeship delivery from the initial assessment to completion, which will include both framework and standards.
- Have experience in IAG, planning and ILP’s and teaching and/or assessing on Customer Service apprenticeships.
- Have the ability to prepare and carry out end point assessments effectively, including recording and tracking of apprenticeship progress leading to improved outcomes and promotion of the apprentices in the workplace.
The right person for this job will;
- Hold an Assessor Award and/or QTLS
- Have significant experience of good/outstanding teaching and assessing of apprentices in a college setting, training provider or employer
- The ability to demonstrate strong practitioner skills and maintain high professional standards
- Have knowledge of frameworks/standards and the processes that are required to be completed, such as tracking of progress and a working knowledge of the funding.
Orchard Hill College (the College) and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust (the Trust) together form Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT), a family of specialist education providers for pupils and students from nursery to further education across London, Surrey and Sussex.
Orchard Hill College was established in 1983 and has grown from a small hospital provision into an Outstanding College that operates from seven college centres across London and provides post-16 educations for students with special educational needs and disabilities. In 2013, the College established the Trust to share its expertise and provide services and support to specialist schools. The Trust is now home to 14 special schools across London, Surrey and Sussex.
To apply for this role please download an application form. Once complete, please send your application form via email.
Please note CV’s will not be considered.
Closing date: 12 noon on Thursday 23rd January 2020
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
OHC&AT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.