We have an exciting vacancy for a Vice Principal to join us at Plympton Academy to lead on Inclusion. You will have a strategic overview of behaviour, attitudes, attendance, admissions and SEND.
Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team and staff you will develop an inclusive, tolerant and positive culture in our Academy. You will be a key stakeholder in developing an ethos of high expectations for staff and students. You will also be leading on ensuring student welfare, attendance and inclusion is a priority for all staff.
At Plympton Academy we believe in inspiring a culture of success for all, including our staff. We have a strong culture of staff development and support - high quality CPD, based on research and evidenced best practice, which is prioritised and supported through a tailored coaching programme.
We work collaboratively with the best academies locally and nationally so that all teachers continue to thrive and engage in the latest teaching developments and practice. We prioritise good behaviour and strong pastoral support so that learning is disruption-free, teachers can teach and students’ can focus. As a result, we are incredibly proud of our students and staff who love the challenge of learning, are equipped to achieve their dreams and take pride in their success.
Plympton Academy is part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are an inclusive school of all abilities, where everyone works and learns together within its caring and supportive environment. Plympton Academy is an academy for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique - every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points, and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
Your new role:
- You will have an exemplary and proven track record of leading on aspects of Academy improvement
- With the Principal, you will develop an ethos and culture of high expectations, inclusion, challenge and support that promotes good behaviour, attendance and welfare throughout the Academy
- You will take ownership of the Academy’s inclusion, behaviour, attendance and admissions policies and ensure staff fully understand and implement policy consistently
- Ensure outside agencies are engaged, as appropriate, to support identified students
- Provide professional leadership and management at a strategic level for the academy including developing and implementing policies and practices
- Establish a firm foundation from which high standards in all areas of the academy’s work are attainable
- You will hold QTS status and hold relevant safeguarding and inclusion experience and or qualifications. For a full person specification please see the attached JD and person specification.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the academy and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our academy, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Plympton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.