Vice-Principal of Wanhui World Academy
To join Wanhui World Academy’s International Section. The International Section is committed to developing a reputation as a forward thinking centre of excellence.
1. Provide dynamic, consistent and motivational leadership to the staff, students, and the wider community served by Wanhui World College.
2. Ensure the successful delivery of the School’s Mission, Vision, Ethos, aims and objectives as determined by the Proprietor and Governing Body.
3. Support the development of Wanhui World College’s three year Strategic Plan and Annual Improvement Plan.
4. Support a curriculum delivery that will ensure the rapid progress of all students entering Wanhui World College.
5. Ensure that opportunities are maximised by every student so that all can move forward to their chosen university/tertiary destination.
6. To be accountable to the Proprietor and Governing Body for all aspects of the delivery of the Strategic Plan and its effectiveness in delivering outstanding outcomes.
Teaching and Learning
1. Lead on the overall curriculum implementation in the International Section at Wanhui World College.
2. Ensure that the high quality curriculum and enrichment opportunities motivate all students.
3. Ensure that students have access to a personalised curriculum that is aligned to their needs.
4. Develop a purposeful and focused learning environment through the effective management of student attitudes.
5. Develop strategies that will involve students in a meaningful way in the future development of the school, treating them as partners in the learning process.
6. Manage pastoral care, student welfare, anti-bullying and child protection procedures effectively.
7. Develop and maintain effective assessment, recording and reporting systems to monitor each student's progress across a range of academic, behavioural and social indicators.
8. Maintain high expectations amongst staff for the academic progress of all students.
9. Take responsibility for discipline, pastoral care, safeguarding and student progress in the International Section.
10. Model excellent teaching and learning.
Strategic Direction & Development
1. Support the effective recruitment of students.
2. Support the ‘safer’ recruitment of appropriately qualified and experienced staff.
3. Ensure that all legal requirements and the decisions of the Proprietor / Governing Body are met.
4. Ensure that policies and procedures are relevant, fair and consistently implemented.
5. Undertake the development, ongoing review and refinement of Wanhui World College’s Strategic Plan in the International Section.
6. Monitor, evaluate and review Wanhui World College’s annual school improvement and development plan.
7. Motivate and empower other team members to carry the vision forward through the delivery of the Strategic Plan.
8. Develop a school that is constantly seeking ways to learn and to improve its performance.
9. Develop and maintain an environment that attracts and retains the best staff and volunteers.
10. Be responsible for the management, development and resourcing of policies for Wanhui World College’s International Section.
11. Take the lead in monitoring, evaluating and reviewing Wanhui World College’s policies, procedures and risk assessments in the International Section.
12. Manage a complex organisation effectively, ensuring the successful implementation of a high quality curriculum offer and the day-to-day smooth running of Wanhui World College’s International Section.
13. Support the Proprietor in developing communication, marketing and PR.
14. Supervise the management of resources.
Managing People & Developing Strong Working Relationships
1. To oversee and advise the Proprietor and Governing Body on the recruitment and selection of teaching and support staff.
2. Exercise effective staff management, lead and motivate others and generate effective working relationships.
3. Implement a robust performance management policy and processes that will set operational and / or performance goals for all members of staff.
4. Introduce and lead a strategy for classroom observations, linked to the performance management policy that is focused on the quality of teaching and learning.
1. Regularly evaluate and review the school's Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
2. Ensure the delivery of regular safeguarding training for all staff.
This post calls for a high level of commitment and considerable energy. It constitutes an exciting opportunity to develop professionally, and to shape an entirely new school. The successful candidate will be expected to play a full part in the life of this boarding school.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Accommodation and meals will be provided. New purpose-built staff apartments have been built on campus.
Removal expenses and an annual travel allowance will be provided.
Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and DBS clearance.
Wanhui World Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.